DevOps Engineer (5207)
Richmond, VA 23230
Morton is seeking a DevOps Engineer for a direct hire opportunity with our client located in the Buffalo, NY area - they are also open to this person working remotely. This role will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system. The ideal candidate will possess strong problem solving skills and have the ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products / services.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options.
- Ensuring critical system security.
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. Cloud Formation, API Gateway, Lambda, EC2, DynamoDB, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- Object Oriented Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C#).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).