Desktop Support Technician (5043)
New Orleans, VA 70114
Morton is seeking Desktop Support Technicians in New Orleans, LA.
- Receive and provide tier-1 support for incoming communications (calls, emails, voicemail, and web service request and incident records) and provide staffing resources to maintain adequate coverage for 24/7 operations.
- Monitor all service request and incident records and ensure that all tickets are addressed in accordance with ITSM processes and procedures.
- Record announcements via the SvD telephony system message, to include general announcements regarding outages and/or service degradations.
- Monitor network status and availability, utilizing USMC tools, to remain informed on pending incidents to provide proactive support.
- Assist users in the area(s) of password reset, desktop application support (Microsoft Office products, Internet Explorer, and Adobe), Windows operating system troubleshooting, and basic print and scanner support.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all transactions within the SvD, using the USMC Incident Management (IM) tool, as well as related support team documented procedures, such as the SvD Operations manual.
- Execute IM procedures to assist in the identification and resolution of Incidents, to eliminate potential disruptions to SvD operations.
- Update the knowledge base of applications, systems, or program interrelationships, to assist with resolution of tickets.
- Execute the ITSM processes directly related to SvD activities
- Three year of experience in Remote Desk Takeover tools and usage.
- Certified in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED