Data Quality Manager (5177)
Raleigh, NC 27604
Morton has an immediate need for a Data Quality Mangaer for a customer located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The primary purpose of this position is to support our customer' s Enterprise Data Governance activities, focusing primarily on the Professional / Commercial Customers and providing influence and oversight of the other data domains such as Product, Location, Retail Customer, and Vendor. The Data Quality Manager is expected to be proficient in the data quality fundamentals with an exposure to data governance framework, Strong business acumen and understanding of Master Data Management would be a plus. Team up with the subject matter experts and data stewards to define and implements data strategy, policies, controls, and programs to ensure the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure, and reliable.
- Define the Data Quality dimensions to measure the quality of the data
- Converting the data quality issues into a solution, ability to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with subject matter experts and data stewards.
- Helps design and implement Data Quality Controls, directs all aspects of data use and requirements across the enterprise and promotes treatment of data and information as critical enterprise assets.
- Leader within the team to establish the KPIs and build a process to govern them.
- Strong knowledge in using SQL to query the data on the various systems within customer to understand the data & harmonization issues.
- Manage the data lineage, business rules, cleansing rules, transformation to the AAP list of values across the enterprise in the Metadata Management Tool.
- Exposure to Master Data Management & data steward activities such as – Merge the Customers, Unmerge Cross-Walk, Survivorship rules, Hierarchies, etc.,
- Identifies and reports workflow deficiencies, based on review of workflow and gathering information and based on data assessment
- Define the strategy and principles for data quality management, data governance (security and access), and data archival and retention
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in using the data quality tools (Example: Informatica Data Quality Tool, IBM InfoSphere QualityStage, Trillium, Atacama, etc.)
- Strong experience in executing the Data Profiling for the large volume of data and review the results to come up with the Data Quality rules to manage the data
- Working experience with any Relational Database (Oracle, Teradata, etc.) and ability to write stored procedures and functions
- Experience writing complex queries using advanced SQL concepts
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to identify, measure, and address opportunities for quality improvement.
- Working experience in handling multiple file types such as JSON, XML, CSV, etc.
- Experienced in working with the Cloud based SaaS solutions.
- Working knowledge on the workflow management tool is plus
- Bachelor’ s Degree in relevant field; 7-10+ years data analyst, master data management, data profiling, integration projects or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Recent 5 years data quality & data management experience is a must.
- Ability to manage the Systems Integration (SI) Vendor’ s resources