Cloud Services Engineer (7079)
Glen Allen, VA 23060 US
Location: REMOTE (RVA onsite 1 day week, VA onsite once a month, outside VA onsite once a quarter or when requested)
Position Status: 6 months contract to permanent
Job Description: Our client has an immediate need for a Cloud Services Engineer for a REMOTE position based out of their headquarters in Richmond, VA. They assist their customers to build a leading-edge IT environment for their business requirements. We’re looking for an experienced and talented, highly skilled, and experienced Cloud Services Engineer with a proven track record in Microsoft 365 implementations and Azure deployments. As a Cloud Services Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, deploying, and troubleshooting Microsoft cloud solutions while generating Infrastructure as code using Terraform, Bicep, or ARM templates. Your primary focus will be on Microsoft 365 implementations and assessments, as well as Azure design and deployment, ensuring optimal performance, security, and scalability for our clients. In this role you’ll be working on various projects for an array of customers wishing to leverage existing and new applications to take advantage of emerging Cloud Technologies. Provide migration assistance to our customers selected cloud providers while building in an improved application resiliency and the ability for customers to self-serve. To be successful as a Cloud Services Engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player.
Microsoft 365 Implementations and Assessments:
- Utilize your industry experience to lead and execute Microsoft 365 implementations for our clients, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Teams.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of existing Microsoft 365 environments to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Apply your Azure design experience to architect and deploy cloud solutions using a combination of Azure services that align with the clients' business requirements.
- Collaborate with clients and cross-functional teams to gather requirements and design scalable and cost-effective Azure solutions.
- Generate Infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools like Terraform, Bicep, or ARM templates to automate Azure resource provisioning and configuration management.
- Implement best practices for IaC to ensure consistency, repeatability, and version control in the deployment process.
- Provide expert-level support and troubleshooting for Microsoft 365 and Azure services, promptly resolving technical issues and ensuring high availability and reliability.
- Implement and maintain security measures and compliance standards for Microsoft cloud solutions, ensuring data protection and adherence to industry regulations.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for Microsoft 365 and Azure deployments, including architectural diagrams and standard operating procedures.
- Deliver training and knowledge sharing sessions for clients and team members to enhance their understanding of Microsoft cloud services.
- Lead and Mentor customer’s Cloud Engineers
- Stay up to date with the latest Microsoft cloud technologies, industry trends, and best practices.
- Obtain and maintain Azure Administrator Associate certification, demonstrating your expertise in Azure administration.
- 3+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud solutions on Azure Platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience in Microsoft 365 implementations and assessments.
- Proven experience in Azure design, deployment, and troubleshooting, with a focus on IaaS and PaaS services.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Bicep, or ARM templates.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Understanding of security best practices and standards around cloud computing and access management
- Understanding of VMware SDDC architecture and tool sets for managing Hybrid cloud
- Microsoft certifications are required; additional Azure certifications are a plus.
- Azure Administration Associate (required)
- Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty (required)
- Azure DevOPs Engineer Expert (required)
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with the following technologies:
- Vault technologies
- Identity management
- M365 tenant Migrations
- Vnets and NSG
- IAC (Infrastructure as Code)
- SIEM Solutions
- Cloud Security Best Practices
- VMWare SDDC tool sets
- Containerization - Docker, Kubernetes, Quay
- Azure Tool Stack
- Azure, AWS, GCP and VMware Certifications
- 2+ years of full-stack IT experience: NSX (SD Network), Windows, hardware, network/firewall concepts, public cloud services, LDAP/Active Directory, DNS, automation tools (Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Docker)
The Ideal Candidate
- Deals well with customer teams learning tools and methodologies for Cloud Migration and Operations
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person.
- Demonstrable knowledge of DevOps in an Enterprise setting, both on public cloud (Azure, AWS, Etc.) and on-premises VMware solutions
- Strong leadership
- Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development.
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.