Business Analyst (5214)
Richmond, VA 23230
Morton has an immediate opening for a Business Analyst for a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. The selected Business Analyst will work on current prioritized projects and they will also assist the BSA team with new proposals as prioritized by the business. The Business Analyst will review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs along with working with the business owner, and development team to formulate systems, which parallel overall business strategies.
- Write detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Facilitate the business requirement gathering for creating RFPs and SOW’ s.
- Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions.
- Provide business analysis support for project requests making sure to examine build vs. buy options that may be available and align with business strategic goals.
- Work with technical teams to plan and conduct project design sessions prior to development iterations to identify and specify logical system design
- Elicit and document business requirements, business processes and flows
- Articulate and document user system requirements
- Assist Product Owners with UAT, if needed
- Make recommendations for the logical design of system enhancements
- Understand how change to a component/application impacts the whole system
- Work with Development Lead / System Engineer as liaison to communicate business requirements
- Have full understanding of business vision
- Make recommendations to business on best practices
- Ensure SDLC processes are being followed
- Experience with business process re-engineering and identifying new applications of technology to solve business problems and make the business more effective.
- Familiarity with industry standards (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging) technologies, business process mapping, and re-engineering.
- Familiarity with relational database concepts, client-server concepts, and web based solutions.
- Proficiency with MS Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Document and gather requirements
- Process Flows and Data Mapping
- Cost / Benefit Analysis
- Effectively facilitate meetings
- 7 years of experience working on IT projects of all sizes and complexities (small, medium, large, and enterprise)
- 5 years of experience gathering integration requirements for data to include identification and assessment of data sources and creation of source / target mappings.
- 7 years of experience using various analytical models (process, use-cae, organization, data, etc)
- 5 years of experience using various techniques for requirements elicitation (workshops, surveys, interviews, etc.)
- 7 years of experience writing formal requirements specifications (Business, Functional, Non-Functional) as well as user stories with acceptance criteria.
- 5 years of experience developing and completing business cases for IT projects (highly desired)
- 5 years of experience working on efforts to enhance existing systems and developing new systems (highly desired)
- 5 years of experience and comfort in working onn both Agile and Waterfall-Hybrid projects (highly desired)