Business Analyst (4994)
North Chesterfield, VA 23235
Morton has an immediate need for a Business Analyst for a customer located in Richmond, Virginia. The selected candidate will review, analyze and evaluates business system and user needs for enhancements to a Transnational System and manages product purchases throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Perform gap analysis on existing state of requirements in conjunction with current business needs.
- Elicit requirements using various elicitation techniques such as Brainstorming, Data Mining, Document Analysis, Interviews with users, risk analysis to produce requirement artifacts such as Field Definition Matrix, Business Rules, Interface requirements, Use Cases, activity diagrams and Wireframes.
- Work with IT and Business stakeholder to write system to system interface requirements for Complex Multi-System environment.
- Participate in the review of current business processes and demonstrate improved processes.
- Possess strong knowledge of Oracle 10g database/SQL. Familiar with relational Data Models and experience with Data Migration is desired.
- Work closely with other Business Systems Analysts, Process
- Owners and Development Teams as required on projects and initiatives.
- Possess strong organization, analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated and able to develop rapport and positive working relationships with coworkers
- 7 years of experience with reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating user / system needs
- 5 years of experience performing gap analysis
- 7 years of experience producing UML Requirement artifacts
- 7 years of experience eliciting interface requirements in complex multi-system environments
- 7 years of experience analyzing functional / non-functional system requirements
- 5 years of experience with business process re-engineering
- 5 years of experience with Oracle 10g database / SQL
- 3 years of experience with Relational Data Models and Data Migration experience.
- 5 years of experience and proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel.
- 5 years of experience working on requirements for web-based systems.