Business Analyst (4974)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton is seeking a Business Analyst to join our client’ s Information Technology team in Richmond, VA. The BA translates internal client wants/needs into actionable project/product requirements, helps negotiate trade-offs when client expectations and system capabilities diverge, and serves as communications lead for project stakeholder interactions.
- Business Analysis:
- Serves as a liaison between the Information Technology department and other firm business units in order to provide technical solutions to meet internal and external client needs.
- Translates high level user needs into verifiable business goals and business/functional/non-functional requirements for the IT organization and manages changes to such requirements.
- Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support as well as an understanding of the IT organization’ s systems and capabilities.
- Analyzes business unit operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities for use of information technology to improve unit processes, functions and results.
- Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for technology-related initiatives.
- Project Delivery:
- Primary owner for the “ business ask” on multiple concurrent IT-related firm projects from project initiation through product/services delivery and project closure.
- Develops requirements baselines and manages changes to business and functional requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- In support of the overall business goals of the project, works closely with the Quality Assurance Lead, Technical Lead, and Project Manager to ensure all business and functional requirements are appropriately validated by the project team.
- Assists the Project Manager in developing scope and schedule documentation and provides regular status updates for business analysis activities on the project.
- Educates the project team on the needs of business stakeholders and helps reconcile competing end use and/or IT priorities.
- Assists the Project Manager in proactively analyzing risk related to project activities.
- Requires Bachelor’ s degree in computer information systems, business administration or related field.
- Requires at least five years of experience in a business analysis capacity in a complex information systems environment.
- At least two years of project management and/or quality assurance experience is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills and strong team orientation.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships across organizational boundaries, to include the ability to negotiate critical project factors with clients, peers and managers, and to work cooperatively with technical staff and end users.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, metrics, tools and techniques of business process analysis and re-engineering.