Back-End QA Analyst (5107)
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Morton is in the process of recruiting and submitting candidates in consideration for a Back-End QA Analyst openings in Glen Allen, Virginia. Qualified candidates need to have strong experience in Quality Assurance, Manual Testing, and working in an Agile environment. This position will focus solely on backend testing, database work/analysis, SOAPUI, and review of logs.
- 5 + years of Quality Assurance Testing, primarily focused top-notch Back End Testing and Manual Testing
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of life cycle through application of complex, multi-disciplinary software applications, involving complicated technology and integration points.
- In depth SQL writing ability - using aggregate functions, unique statements, and SQL clauses
- Experience in a eCommerce / Retail environment - specifically with WebSphere Commerce or another Web Application Server.
- Advanced experience with test case planning / creation; ability to quickly and effectively interpret requirements.
- Recent experience testing in an Agile environment and participating in its ceremonies (sprints, sprint planning, sprint retrospective)
- ReadyAPI / Soapui - manual and automated test creation; expert knowledge of assertions and their use
- Web Services / API testing experience using REST and ReadyAPI
- knowledge of how to automate tests within SOAP (not required, but is nice to have)
- Experience with UNIX (basic commands / functions) is highly desired
- Someone who has experience reviewing database logs, ability to write / run queries
- Working knowledge of database tools for querying, specifically DBVisualizer, but knowledge with similar tools is acceptable.
- Ability to create test cases from scratch, execute test cases, and report on test results
- Experience using JIRA as a bug / defect tracker or experience using a similar tool
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills; communicate to both users and technical peers.
- Experience with
- Experience with Selenium is a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study.