Automated Salesforce Test Engineer (4840)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton has an immediate need for a Automated Salesforce Test Engineer for a customer in Richmond, Virginia. This is a direct hire role where the selected Test Engineer will serve as a member of a Salesforce agile delivery team. The Salesforce Test Engineer (Automated) is responsible for designing, developing and executing end-to-end automated and manual functional tests, integration tests, and regression tests of desktop and mobile app Salesforce solutions. The Salesforce Automated Test Engineer writes, executes and documents test cases, tracks defects, validates and closes defects, and provides input on quality issues and procedures.
- Define test objectives and plans for each agile iteration (Sprint) in alignment with Salesforce Test Strategy
- Collaborate with business and technical team members to understand business and technical objectives for each user story and feature
- Determine story testing requirements by reviewing story acceptance criteria; interviewing business and technical stakeholders; and eliciting, analyzing, specifying test scenarios
- Assess suitability of test scenarios for automation
- Develop and execute automated functional tests to validate user stories meet acceptance criteria
- Maintain automated test scripts in source code repository
- Collaborate with manual Salesforce test engineers to identify regression tests that are candidates for automation
- Maintain a comprehensive suite of automated regression tests, adding new tests to the automated regression suite following each Sprint
- Review results of automated regression test suite execution to ensure existing functionality remains working as designed prior to each Salesforce release
- Review defects and log appropriate regression test defects in ALM defect tracking tool, collaborate with Salesforce developers to resolve defects, retest failed test scenarios, and close defects once remediated
- Review test results with Product Owner and feature Solutions Architect and report and communicate testing progress to the Salesforce Test Manager, business owners and their proxies
- As a Salesforce solutions delivery team member, assist the team in developing functional documentation for projects as needed
- Work with team to maintain traceability matrices correlating requirements and design artifacts to test cases
- Understand the role of testing within the software development lifecycle and business-related project constraints, and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters
- Provide technical guidance to junior-level internal and contracted test engineers and/or test technicians
- Review test deliverables prepared by others
- 5+ years of Salesforce CRM (Sales and Service Cloud) testing experience.
- Experience working as a member of an agile delivery (Scrum or SAFe) team.
- Experience in testing, defects management, writing test cases and automating tests using Selenium.
- Experience writing SQL queries to assist in validating test results. Salesforce Mobile experience a plus.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of an automated testing framework
- Experience with Selenium in the development and maintenance of automated testing frameworks using tools such as Selenium and open source Selenium frameworks
- Experience with web services and API testing (REST, WebAPI)
- Demonstrated experience in one or more industry standard programming or scripting languages
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design and debugging skills
- Experience creating and executing SQL queries and creating test data sets
- Experience with Oracle, SQL and XML.
- Significant experience with automation script development beyond record/playback that includes testing of large, complex applications that run on a variety of platforms
- Proven ability to create test scenarios and acceptance tests against Agile User Stories
- Demonstrated experience with application lifecycle management (ALM) tools such as Rally, Jira Agile, or HP Quality Center or similar
- Experience using building and deployment tools such as Cucumber and integration tools such as Jenkins to create a robust automation test package
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management
- Experience in executing in an Agile (Scrum) development environment.
- Superior ability to identify issues and produce possible resolutions based on automated test results
- Experience creating requirements traceability matrices
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field of study
- Certification in automated testing preferred such as Certified HP ATP - Unified Functional Tester