Audio Visual Systems Programmer (7289)
Va Bch, VA 23462 US
Position Status: Direct-Hire
Schedule: ONSITE (Open to hybrid work flexibility once started)
Overview: Our client is looking for an Audio-Visual Systems Programmer for an ONSITE position based out of Virginia Beach, VA.
We are seeking an experienced professional Audio-Visual Systems Programmer responsible for the programming, testing, and support of complex audio-visual systems for control, audio DSP and other equipment/software related configurations. The successful candidate will have a history of designing clean and functional program interfaces that allow for the best user experience for performance and control of complex systems. This position will provide support for remote office/in-office pre-stage system testing/configuration, as well as customer remote and onsite testing/commissioning support in a variety of customer environments.
- Work with Solution Engineer team and customer to gather system program functionality requirements and preferences.
- Programs Crestron, Q-Sys, Extron, and RTI systems.
- Programs Audio DSP with Biamp, Q-SYS and other systems.
- Performs thorough testing and commissioning of all systems both in office and onsite.
- Supervises in-house rack resting and equipment setup for assigned projects.
- Provides remote support to Technicians and Field Engineers for integration of systems.
- Performs remote and onsite service support as needed for completed integrated systems as part of our ongoing Technology Management Support Plans.
- Coordinates with Engineer, Integration Manager, and Project Manager on system scope and design.
- Create user guides for customer system operation and provide end user training.
- Crestron/Extron/Q-SYS, Poly, Biamp, Shure, Vaddio, Zoom, Teams etc... Manufacturer-Software Experience/Training.
- CTS (Certified Technology Specialist) certification.
- Ability to read and understand project drawings and schematics, engineering notes, and operation manuals.
- PC literacy to include Microsoft Office applications, MAC experience helpful.
- Experience performing each of the job responsibilities outlined above in an associated industry.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills using tact and courtesy along with the ability to manage pressure sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work without direct supervision.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP addressing, firewalls, routers, VPN and Vlan setup in an AV/IT environment.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented, have multi-tasking abilities, and handle tight, high stress deadlines.
- Candidates must be able to work multiple shifts given including days, evenings, overtime, and some weekends based on project deadlines.
- Ability for some travel to complete assignments.
- Professional presentation and demeanor.
- 3 - 5 years+ in Audio-Visual system field installation and integration.
- 3 - 5 years+ in Audio-Visual Systems programming of Crestron and other top control systems, DSP Audio etc.
- High school diploma or equivalency required / College degree in technology a plus.
- Have/maintain a clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Continually work to improve customer service perception, and satisfaction.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Capture configurations and programs created within our system.
- Enter time and expenses as they occur.
- Closes jobs in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Support of creating technical standards, process/procedures.
- Complete training programs and gain certifications as required.
- All other duties and or responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
About Our Client: Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace by both policy and practice. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related medical condition. Employment and personnel practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination. While the Company is committed to following this principle in every facet of employment, all employees share in the responsibility to promote and foster a favorable work environment.