Application / Integration Architect (5009)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton has an immediate need for an Application and Integration Architect to support ongoing architecture activities for one of our customers in Richmond, Virginia. The Application and Integration Architect will assist with developing an adaptive design with the other domain architects to promote the reuse of ideas, components, services, and proven patterns across various solution train activities.
- Collaborating with EA team members and solution architects to provide a high-level, all-inclusive vision of application and development initiatives
- Participating in building and maintaining architectural artifacts
- Understanding and communicating Strategic Themes, and other key business drivers for architecture, to System Architects and nontechnical stakeholders
- Driving architectural initiatives in the backlog and participating in epic analysis where applicable
- Influencing common modeling, design, and coding practices
- Facilitating the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns
- 5+ years direct experience in enterprise-level application integration.
- Experience with SAFe architecture and proven work experience with Agile/Scrum teams.
- Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Extensive experience with core software applications including Oracle, ArcGIS
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including .net.
- Strong background in risk management methodologies as they relate to integration/software engineering.
- Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Competency with XML constructs and schemas.
- Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST.
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’ s goals and objectives.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a team environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- 5 years of experience with integration architecture and proven work experience with Agile / Scrum teams.
- 5 years of proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
- 5 years of experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling / mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- 5 years of experience with scaled Agile and scrum activities.
- 5 years of experience with large scale system integration.