Android Developer (4894)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton is seeking an Android Developer who possesses a passion for mobile platforms and mobile development and will work with a team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of mobile applications for our client.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science or related field, or 3 years of professional IT experience
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- Proven working experience in software development
- Working experience in Android development
- Working experience with Java, Kotlin and Android SDK
- Experience working with remote APIs using a REST architecture and JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development lifecycle
- Experience with app deployment in Google Play
- Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with Reactive programming (RxKotlin) highly preferred.
- Experience using UNIX/Linux (*NIX) based environments preferred.
- Experience using Dagger in Android
- Understanding of Agile methodology principles preferred.
- Active participation in the technical community desired.
- API development experience a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent listening and feedback skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and consensus-building skills.
- Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills.
- Experience developing iOS applications in Objective-C and Swift preferred (but not required)