Accounting Consultant (5192)
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Morton has an immediate need for a Accounting Consultant for one of our customers in Glen Allen, VA. The ideal candidate needs to have their CPA along with Investment experience and proficiency / advanced experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Perform journal entries and complex account reconciliations including identification and remediation of all issues in compliance with audit requirements.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger closing and reporting processes, including preparation of division and segment pack schedules to be presented to A&F leadership.
- Assist with the preparation of income statement and balance sheet packages and related comprehensive analysis for variances and trends. Complete intercompany wire settlements and balancing of intercompany accounts.
- Participate in the internal and external audit process.
- Work closely with other functional areas (i.e., corporate accounting & reporting, statutory reporting, business support, disbursements, treasury, actuarial and reinsurance) to resolve issues and support achievement of business goals.
- Assist with the preparation of insurance company financial statements and ensure compliance with statutory guidance and regulatory deadlines.
- Collaborate with teammates and initiate ideas with management to identify, design, and implement process improvements for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in other strategic accounting and business projects as they arise.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance or a Related Field of Study.
- Master Degree is preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is required
- Experience in an Investment / Strategic Accounting focused role
- Advanced skills / experience with Microsoft Excel to include advanced Excel functions like VLOOKUP, SUMIF, Pivot Tables, and Nested Formulas
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written.