.NET Applications Developer (5016)
Richmond, VA 23219
Morton is seeking a senior .Net Applications Developer for a customer located in downtown Richmond, Virginia. The selected .NET Application Developer will be responsible for analyzing complex software requirements to design and develop high quality components for N-tier systems. The Senior Developer is expected to take a lead role within the team, ensuring that programming best practices are being followed, prioritizing work effectively, addressing production issues in a timely manner, and writing system documentation when required. The successful candidate should have strong communication skills to be effective in both technical and business requirement discussions.
- Develop web applications and backend services using Angular, C#, ASP.NET MVC, REST API, .NET Core, Java Script, JQuery, Node.js and CSS. Design and develop database objects in SQL Server.
- Design and develop using appropriate software design patterns to attain high re-usability and maintainability.
- Write effective unit tests and integration tests to ensure high quality software delivery
- Work with project business and system analysts to clarify the requirements and then implement them
- Participate in code reviews
- Enforce standards and best practices
- Participate in Agile SDLC
- In-depth knowledge of system design patterns, tiered architecture, and testing practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the IT function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects. Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- 10 years of experience with C# developing custom .NET applications (ASP.NET, MVC.NET, .NET core, Rest API' s, Web Services, etc.)
- 4 years of experience with Application Development using Angular.
- 7 years of experience with Visual Studio or VSCode.
- 7 years of experience with T-SQL with SQL Server database.
- 7 years of experience with ADO.NET and Entity Frameworks.
- 3 years of experience with Automated Builds using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (highly desired)
- 2 years of experience with cloud technologies like Azure and / or AWS (highly desired)
- 3 years of experience with Design Patterns and using MVC Framework and Dependency Injection Framework (highly desired)
- 3 years of experience with SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS (highly desired)
- 3 years of experience with Agile SDLC best practices (highly desired)
- 2 years of experience working with TFS for purposes of source control and Dev Ops (highly desired)